hope - to place trust; rely.
Have you ever really though about the word hope? I haven't until today. Hope is such a strong word but we use it for the littlest things. Oh I hope it doesn't rain today, I hope we win our game, I hope that jacket is on sale. We misuse it more than we even imagine. Are we really putting our 'hope' into other people? Have you ever stopped and considered to put your 'hope' in God? To completely rely on Him? To embed all your trust in him? Most people don't think of it that way. He is the one that should consume all of our hope! He is the reason that it doesn't rain, or you won your game, or that jacket is still on sale. Have you ever stopped to thank him? No, because we normally don't think that way, when we really should. What about hopelessness? Have you ever lost hope? There is not one person that can say no. I know I have. I've lost hope in so many people. But if I ever thought about my hope being in God, would I have lost hope when it still went wrong? The answer, unfortunately is yes. But when I think about it now, there's a reason for Him doing what He did. No matter what it is! Albert Einstein once said " At any rate, I am convinced that He [God] does not play dice." And I cant even think of how to describe it better. We as Christians need to put our hope in Him and never lose it. Because if we do, we will most likely go to him for everything, not to other people or even the weather man....that could change the world! And more importantly the people in it.
"Where now is my hope? And who regards my hope?" Job 17:15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment